Job: Food Clerk, Grocery, 36600, Van Dyke, Sterling Hts, MI
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Meijer
- 1 Talent Development & Organizational Capability Director - (Job Number: 1400006458)
- 2 Grocery Clerk Grand Ledge, MI - (Job Number: 1500000372)
- 3 General Merchandise Clerk Grand Ledge, MI - (Job Number: 1500000371)
- 4 Grocery Team Leader - 1540 28th St., S.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49508 - (Job Number: 1500000917)
- 5 Deli Team Leader Alma, MI - (Job Number: 1500000816)
- 6 Grocery Team Leader - 606 S. Greenville West Dr. Greenville, MI 48838 - (Job Number: 1500000781)
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Restaurant/Food Service
Food Clerk, Grocery, 36600, Van Dyke, Sterling Hts, MI-1200002973
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customer-centered, competitive spirit, freshness, and "familyness." Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Food Clerk. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. This entry level team member position will be exposed to a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer service and merchandising.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Possessing a sense of urgency and comfort level to be able to work in a fast paced environment
* Building rapport with customers
* Displaying a friendly and outgoing attitude that is shown through good eye contact and body language
* Providing assistance by responding to customer questions in an effective and efficient manner
* Stocking product and maintaining product displays according to merchandising standards
* Following safety and sanitation procedures to ensure quality service and products for our customers
* Detail oriented and organized
* Possesses good listening and communication skills
* Has adequate knowledge of computer systems and is comfortable using them
* Is process driven and has ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way
* Ability to stay calm while working in a fast paced environment
* Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis
* Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend and twist while handling product
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
Thank you for your interest in this position. There may not be current openings for this position at this time. By submitting an application to this position, you are expressing interest should an opening become available in the future. Our recruiters routinely review available applications as openings become available.
- Talent Development & Organizational Capability Director - (Job Number: 1400006458)
- Grocery Clerk Grand Ledge, MI - (Job Number: 1500000372)
- General Merchandise Clerk Grand Ledge, MI - (Job Number: 1500000371)
- Grocery Team Leader - 1540 28th St., S.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49508 - (Job Number: 1500000917)
- Deli Team Leader Alma, MI - (Job Number: 1500000816)