Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Burcham Hills
|Location:||East Lansing, MI|
COOK: Full and Part-Time Positions Available
We offer flexible scheduling, a variety of perks, great starting pay, and plenty of opportunity to grow. Come join us! We want you on our team.
- Various shifts to work around your schedule.
- Variety of shift times starting between 4:30am and 12:30pm.
- Evening shifts are out before 9pm.
- Off every other weekend.
- Free meal during each shift worked
- Opportunity for 401(k)
- 24-hour access to the Wellness Gym
- Company sponsored discounts including Gordon Food Service, Sprint, Verizon
- Starting at $12.00 – $12.50, higher with experience.
- Double pay for holiday shifts.
- Plenty of opportunities to earn more - pick up dishwashing shifts or cross train for server shifts according to your availability and desire for additional hours.
- Transition into a full-time role.
- Opportunity to transfer to other departments after 6 months.
For more information contact the Hospitality Services Recruiter at 517-827-1046.
To ensure the highest quality food preparation and presentation. To ensure that a clean and sanitary work environment is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality of Food: prepare palatable and attractive meals in sufficient quantities from standardized recipes for residents’ meals, monitor food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards and portion control
- Sanitation: ensure sanitary conditions in all work areas of the kitchen meet or exceed health department requirements, documentation is done, proper food handling, accurate labeling and dating, work area organized, monitor equipment, report concerns to manager, etc.
- Customer Satisfaction and Teamwork: courteous – the answer is “yes”, orders are accurate, meals are delivered timely, dietary restrictions honored, empowered to meet resident’s needs and fulfill special requests, etc.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions.
- ServSafe Certified (or ability to obtain within 90 days).
- One-year experience in quantity food production and preparation methods preferred.
- Works well under stressful/high volume work periods.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, exercise independent judgment and follow through to completion with little or no supervision.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and follow oral and written instructions in English effectively to interpret and explain the menu, refer or answer questions, understand resident requests and resident dietary needs, as well as follow rules and safety requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate with, understand, empathize with, work with, and be tolerant of residents, families, visitors, government agencies/personnel, general public, peers, supervisors and subordinates.
Burcham Hills fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet everyone, residents, employees, visitors, guests and vendors, warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.