Dole Packaged Foods
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sanitation Worker DMI
at Dole Packaged Foods
- Temporary Full-Time
Work Hours: Third (grave) shift or as needed, any day of the week, as assigned. Overtime as needed, 5-7 days a week. Job may be seasonal with on-call status throughout the year.
Summary: Cleaning and sanitizing all processing equipment, floors, walls, pipes, drain, grounds, etc.
Work Environment: Wet environment. May work indoors or outdoors at times. Will work in tight, confined areas with caustic chemicals such as chlorine, lye and caustic detergents and with dangerous and sharp equipment. Work areas may be slippery and/or icy. May work in defrosting freezers with temperatures as low as 30 degrees.
- Responsible to comply with all Quality and Food Safety Management standards and/or systems to ensure continual improvement an effectiveness of the Food Safety Management System with the ability to satisfy our customers and provide products that are in accordance to their intended use and safe for human consumption. Wash down and sanitize all processing equipment, floors, walls, pipes, drains, grounds, etc
- Use cleaning chemicals(chlorine, lye, and detergents), while wearing a protection jacket, pants, gloves, goggles, and boots
- Immediately report any accidents to Area Supervisor or Supervisor
- Immediately report any malfunctions of processing equipment to Area Supervisor or Supervisor
- Report any safety hazard to Area Supervisor or Supervisor
- Follow company policies
- Follow safety procedures
- Other duties that are reasonably associated with the above essential functions of the job
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Reliable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Previous Sanitation experience a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing sanitation practices preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.