Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tooling Supervisor- Stamping
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Supervise tool makes to guarantee activities are performed properly in regards to repair and troubleshooting of Transfer and Progressive Dies. ADVANCED TIG WELDING
- Repair all Transfer and Progressive Dies
- TIG Welding a MUST
- Tear-down of Dies and Repair issues from parts
- Organize priorities and assign activities in the tooling area.
- Responsible for carrying out the maintenance plan and tool improvement plan.
- Responsible for maintaining tooling indicators up to date and for establishing follow-up programs for all the information related to improvements and the reduction of overtime, scrap and down times.
- Establish maintenance routines per every single die, improve tool room resources.
- Train toolmakers on maintenance tasks and help the department with any new projects, drawing check, etc.
- Keep focused on ISO TS and be prepared for audits, lead the 5s´s in the department and maintain in contact with the tool room manager in terms of updates, new projects and/or urgent requisitions.
- Ensure compliance with tooling planning.
- Manage and follow-up the manpower plan and the die protection plan, as well as to guarantee quality at 100%.
- Coordinate the production plan monitoring and check priorities at the tool room and implement the QDC program and any engineering changes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10 plus years’ work experience in related field
- Tool Repair of Transfer and Progressive Dies
- Tool Adjustments
- Press Troubleshooting
- Advance TIG Welding
- Certifications from accredited schools in computer systems
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.