Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Salaried Full-Time
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- Holcim (US) Inc.
Alpena Cement Plant
1435 Ford Avenue, Alpena, Michigan 49707
All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member. The primary responsibilities of this position are: keeping all plant production and service equipment in reliable operating condition and maintenance of equipment on the Plant.
The job title for the position is Mechanical Maintenance Technician.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas
- Performs maintenance work on plant production and service equipment
- Maintains tools used within department
- Responsible for repair and elimination of product spillage
- Operates equipment such as forklift, skid loader and teleforker
- Operates heavy equipment such as chainfalls and comealongs
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to work independently as well as in teams
- Performs electric arc welding
- Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS policies to assure that environmental, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results
- Performs maintenance duties in accordance with safety procedures
- Performs maintenance duties following standard work instructions to ensure proper utilization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years
Licenses Preferred: Valid Driver’s License Required
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic knowledge about computers, Microsoft Office and SAP
- Prior cement plant experience or the equivalent to be familiar with all processes, locations and functions
- Must pass Bennett Comprehension Test
- Must take Ferris State Evaluation Test and agree to a program of further education to strengthen weaknesses detected in the evaluation
- Willingness to engage in a program of formal training in order to progress to journeyman status.
- Knowledgeable in the Plant safety procedures and regulations
- Must be proficient in the safe usage of the basic tools of the trade
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a cement plant, i.e., walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.), work in outside weather conditions with exposure to extreme cold and heat.