State of Michigan
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Michigan
- Job Description
This position functions as a lead worker and oversees prisoner workers in the preparation and service of meals for prisoners and staff in a correctional facility using MDOC standardized processes, recipes, menus and reports.
- Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Two years of experience in quantity food preparation, such as could have been attained in a hotel, restaurant, institution, or similar setting, excluding taverns, lounges, and fast food enterprises, including one year equivalent to a Cook E6.
- Additional Requirements and Information
Position is located in the Michigan Department of Corrections, Lakeland Correctional Facility, 141 First Street, Lakeland, MI 49036.
READ CAREFULLY -- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted. NOTE: Please be sure that your application materials are complete and detailed. Giving detail on your previous work duties and tasks will allow for a thorough review of your qualifications.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). If you have questions or need assistance uploading and/or attaching your documents, please call the MI HR Service Center toll free at 877-766-6447.
- Your education listed cannot be used to credential review you for a position unless a copy of an OFFICIAL transcript confirming your education is attached to your electronic application. We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.
- You must provide at least three professional references and their contact information to include phone number, address, email address and fax number.
- Current MDOC employees must include their current supervisor as one of three professional references.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered.
SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS.
References may be checked prior to the interview process.
The Department of Corrections may screen out job applicants who have been convicted of a felony in accordance with Public Act 191 of 2017. Applicants who have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony are ineligible for employment with the Department of Corrections until satisfactory completion of any sentence imposed, including parole or probation.
View the entire job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Cook_12480_7.pdf