Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Security Operations Analyst - Active DoD Clearance Required
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
This position is responsible for monitoring and reporting on the operational status of associates and facilities nationwide to include fire/life safety systems, building alarms, access control, and emergency notification systems. The Security Operations Analyst will also maintain situational awareness, develop monitoring procedures, conduct research, assess impact and facilitates communication for issue resolution, and implement guidance to security operational functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Monitors operational status feeds for issues that require resolution
- Process reports relaying key information to events
- Monitors and assess nationwide events for relativity to the company; assess impact
- Develops easily understandable information products and disseminate
- Cultivates information relationships for operational application
- Develops and maintain communications network map
- Ensures proper information flow to internal and external entities as they relate to events
- Provides clear and concise facts thru communication means to include email, phone and in person
- Facilitates cross-communication between pertinent company contracts for issue resolution
- Provides administrative and operational guidance to operations employees
- Provides data and operational effectiveness metrics
- Evaluates issue relevancy and determine possible solutions
- Reviews processes, identify gaps and recommend methods for improvement
- Develops working relationships with internal and external entities
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to adapt to new user interfaces and comfortably control administrative aspects of security software.
- Ability to think critically in emergency situations.
- Critical and creative thinking skills that will assist in analyzing vast amounts of varied data.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required, with minimum two-year degree or professional certification highly desired.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- The job is generally performed in an office setting; however, during site visits the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for short periods of time.
- The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
- The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage them to perform at optimum levels.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.